Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie

I love smoothies. I love them because they are quick, healthy (if you do it right) and I can get my husband to drink them. This is a man that doesn't care for fruit (freak!). This is one of my ways of making sure he gets something besides meat and bread in his diet!

At first I strictly followed recipes. But now after making so many I have been getting pretty good at just making up smoothies based on what's in the kitchen. I have developed a few really good ones that way and I wanted to share. Here is my recipe for a chocolate covered cherry smoothie!

1 cup of cherries, pitted (I used bing cherries)
1/2 banana, frozen
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1/4 plain nonfat yogurt (I am sure vanilla or cherry would be good too!)
1/2-1 cup skim milk (depending on desired consistency)

Blend and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment