Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Red Wine Chocolate Cake with Cherry Sauce

Yesterday I had a problem: I had an open bottle of Malbec that had gotten too much air. I needed to do something with with it, and why waste it? I also had an abundance of cherries. So I hopped online and found a red wine chocolate cake from Smitten Kitchen. You can't go wrong with a recipe from that site. I made the cake as directed but I did not make the whipped mascarpone because I didn't feel like going to the store. I am sure it would enhance the flavor. Instead I topped it with whipped cream and this red wine cherry sauce. I must say it was quite tasty. I could eat the cherry sauce by itself. I think if I did this again I would poke holes in the cake and and top it with the sauce to let it soak in. Mmmm.  And I would LOVE to try it with the mascarpone. Here is a picture. Start drooling.


No comments:

Post a Comment