Sunday, August 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake

Today I was craving something sweet. Decadent. Chocolatey. That is what led me to an idea that should have been obvious sooner...a peanut butter cup shake! I love peanut butter. It is a food I could easily live on. It is also high in protein and can be nutritious (in moderation and without added sugar). In my mind nothing goes better with peanut butter than chocolate. Not even jelly! Its such a great combination. I  can't understand why my husband hates peanut butter, even if it is covered in chocolate. Freak.

So here is a little high protein shake I whipped up and enjoyed immensely. It satisfied my sweet tooth. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie

1 cup lowfat chocolate milk
1 scoop chocolate protein (I like Optimum Whey in Double Rich Chocolate)
1 tbsp of natural peanut butter (read the ingredients!)
1/2 a frozen banana

Blend and indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment