Saturday, August 20, 2011

An Okie, a Yankee, and now a Cajun?

Hi Ya'll!

Let me tell you a little about me and why I am in Louisiana. I was married in 2006 to this guy:

Funnily enough, this picture was taken when we went to visit a friend of his in NOLA in early 2005.

Anyways, we got married in Negril, Jamaica and a year later, after working for two years at the local air force base and being bored out of his mind, my husband decided to post his resume on Careerbuilder. One day he got a call from a head hunter in Connecticut with an offer that was just too good to pass up: full moving package, sign on bonus, and a free masters degree at RPI. We had never in our wildest dreams thought we would move to Connecticut but in the summer of 2007, we packed up our big, affordable Oklahoma house and moved into a tiny apartment in Connecticut. That place sucked. But, we got to go on a lot of New England adventures, make new friends, and I had a good job where everyone liked me. But then...

Gerald (the husband), hated his job, I hated being so far away from my family, and we both hated the snow. he started looking for jobs near Oklahoma, and in places we thought would be cool to live (like New Mexico! I was really rooting for that one). He applied for a job in Bay St. Louis, MS (he thought it was St. Louis, MO) and not only did he get an interview that went really well, but I was happy it was not St. Louis, MO, because its friggin cold there in the winter, and I had a long time friend that lived in New Orleans, so it was nice to go into it knowing someone.

Long story short, we moved to Slidell, LA, over a month ago. I plan on chronicling our adventures on this blog for the benefit of my friends and family, and any one else interested in life in LA. I will put up posts about foods we try, festivals we visit, and whatever else I come up with.

 In summary, here is a picture of my cat enjoying a daiquiri. Well, this is Louisiana after all!




No comments:

Post a Comment