Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Protein Bars

I haven't been posting lately because I have been working (yay!) and spending a lot of spare time weight training and preparing for my first race. As part of my new workout plan I have also upped my protein, and one of my goals has been to come up with a protein bar that doesn't taste like cardboard. And since I also make them for my husband they have to be peanut butter free (he isn't allergic, just crazy--he doesn't like peanut butter!).

Its fall so I am buying cans of pumpkin regularly. I enjoy pumpkin oatmeal so I thought I would make a bar with a similar taste.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 c oats
4 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs pumpkin spice
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/5 tbs ground flaxseed
1/4 c brown sugar
2 oz almonds, toasted
1/2 c coconut, toasted
3/4 c raisins
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c honey
3/4 c unsweetened applesauce
3/4 c canned pumpkin

Mix dry ingredients together and fold in wet ingredients. Spread in a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment